Sunday, October 16, 2011

Parade of Homes

On October 8, Savannah, Grandma Judy, Donna, and I walked on the Parade of Homes. It is one of my favorite (and free!) annual events. Over 200 new homes were open for public viewing, but we only had time to tour 5 houses in three hours. 

First, we toured a new home in our neighborhood. Pictured below, it was listed for $495,000 and had 4,500 square feet. Although the family room was rather small, the house's layout was excellent!


Next, we walked through 4 homes in a nearby neighborhood. All of the homes were priced from $1-2.5 million and had 6,000-8,000 square feet.


I was pleasantly surprised to see that all of the following homes had ceiling fans in nearly all of rooms. For practical reasons, I love ceiling fans, but home designers usually frown on the use of them.




My favorite part of the home pictured above was the massive closet below:

I also loved the open layout below:

Of the 5 homes we toured, the following house was my favorite:

I loved the high ceilings and wood beams in several rooms:



The home had beautiful outdoor areas with views of the golf course:






In the last house, I loved the following light fixture that combined a chandelier with a ceiling fan:

Beautiful kitchen!

Gorgeous wooden doors...

...and a cute kiddo named Savannah!

No comments: