Friday, February 3, 2012

I got the job!

Today I accepted the librarian position at a year-round elementary school that is 1 mile from our house and Savannah's base school (when she starts kindergarten in 2+ years).

I start July 1, which is the first day of the new school year. My current principal negotiated  for me to stay for the remainder of this school year. I'm so glad that I have 5 months to wrap-up my responsibilities at my current school and prepare for my new school. 

I truly love my current school, where I've been teaching for 5 years. It's scary to think about changing schools. At the same time, however, it's a dream come true to have a shorter commute and to be able to teach at Savannah's school.

I'll be able to attend Savannah's awards programs, special performances, and holiday parties. Also, Savannah and I will be spending an hour less in the car each day. Heck, we might even walk to school. I'll even have more time to exercise and spend time with Savannah. Plus, our family is going to save about $100 in gas monthly, as well as $300+ each month in before and after school care expenses when Savannah starts school.

Hopefully, I'll love my new school!

No comments: