Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Typical Day

Every season of life is special. For that reason, from time-to-time, I like to chronicle and remember everyday moments during particular seasons of life.

6:15 A.M.--My alarm goes off at 5:45 A.M. I drag myself out of bed around 6:15 A.M. I wake up Tal after I get out of the shower. Tal dresses Savannah while I finish getting ready. I brush Savannah's hair and teeth while Tal makes coffee for himself and a bowl of oatmeal for me (Thanks, Tal!). He also starts our cars and gets our lunches out of the fridge. If Savannah is ready early, she eats a bowl of cereal with Tal.  Otherwise, she eats a snack in the car. :-)



7:00 A.M.--Everyone's out the door. Tal buckles up Savannah while I load my car. Savannah and I drive 30 minutes to school. I drop off Savannah at daycare around 7:30 and get to school a few minutes later.

7:45-7:55 A.M.--I check my school and personal email.

7:55-8:30 A.M.--The library is open for business. These 30 minutes are busy as I help dozens of kids check books in and out of the library.

8:30 A.M.-10:25 A.M.--I work as a school librarian in a year-round elementary school. My days are busy and varied. I love my job and enjoy working with students and teachers. I teach several classes most days. This morning I receipt money for lost books. I sign up parents to be school volunteers. I straighten up the library. I sort and put away books.

10:25 A.M.--It's time for lunch (my scheduled time to eat). Crazy, huh? :-)

11:00-3:00--This afternoon I repair books. I play videos for teachers. I pull books for teachers. I put books on reserve. I troubleshoot technology. I set up equipment for the staff meeting after school. I help students find books, check in books, and check out books. I sort and put away books. I get ready for tutoring.

3:00 P.M.--The school day ends. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I coordinate tutoring from 2:45-5:45. On Mondays and Wednesdays, I usually have meetings until 4:30 or 5:00. Then, I go pick up Savannah and head home.

6:30 P.M.--Savannah and I usually get home from 6:00-6:30 P.M. We each dinner...usually leftovers that Tal and I fixed over the weekend. Tonight we're having leftover manicotti with peas and potatoes. Tal is working on his "project" this week, so Savannah and I are on our own until 10:00 or so each night.

7:00-8:00 P.M.--After dinner, I clean up and pack my lunch for the next day. We play inside or outside until it gets dark. Tonight Savannah and I make chalk pictures on our driveway. I also push Savannah on her bike, while she practices pedaling. Then, Savannah takes a shower if needed, and we put on our jammies.

8:00-9:00 P.M.--It's quiet time. Savannah and I relax in the living room. I watch TV, while Savannah snuggles with me on the couch or reads, colors, or plays quietly. Savannah and I read a couple stories together if she's interested. Tonight Savannah wants me to sit in a special chair while she has a tea party with her babies. I watch "Love It or List It" on HGTV in the background.

9:00-10:00--At 9:00, I tuck Savannah into bed and kiss her good night. I watch TV or read a magazine in bed. When Tal's home, we watch TV in the living room and cuddle on the couch.

10:00 P.M.--Lights out.

No comments: