Friday, November 16, 2012

Venus Teal

Since Tal and I have added more color and personality throughout our house in recent months, our master bedroom has started to feel very "vanilla:"

Before

On Monday, I began the makeover process by painting our bedroom in Behr's Venus Teal. It was tempting to paint the room in a lighter hue, but ultimately Tal and I decided to step outside our comfort zones and give our room a dark cozy feeling (especially since all of the other rooms in our house are light and bright):

After


The inspiration and color scheme for our bedroom makeover came from the ikat curtains that I purchased from Ballard's last month. The panels are a lovely combination of cream, greige, and teal.  


Last week I hung up the curtains with clothes pins to get an idea of how they would look in the room with a teal wall color:


Since the curtains and wall color provide a lot of color and pattern in the room, Tal and I are planning to keep our bedding and furniture neutral. In 2013, we're hoping to buy new white bedding, as well as update/buy a new bed, dresser, and nightstands. Stay tuned!  


Rosalie Bedding from Pottery Barn with Venus Teal wall color:

1 comment:

Mbecks said...

Thank you for posting these pics. I have had a terrible time picking a paint color for my bedroom. The gallon of Valspar Blue Arrow I purchased was nowhere near the same color as the sample of it I was given. So, I'm back to searching for the color I have in mind and your pics have helped me with my decision. :)