Sunday, March 3, 2013

Home Gym: Green Envy?

The walls in our home gym were a soothing sage green color. Pretty...but not too exciting. Tal and I were looking for a brighter color that would motivate us to exercise...not put us to sleep:

Before

Unfortunately, when Tal and I painted our home gym yesterday...it was an epic failure. Tal likes to joke that the color is so bright that our neighbors can see it from across the street. And they probably can.

After

After painting two of the walls, Tal and I thought we liked the color. However, once the paint dried on ALL FOUR WALLS, the color was overwhelming...and almost neon:

It makes me sick to think about the time, effort, and money we put into painting the room...and it didn't turn out like we expected:

Maybe the color will grow on me. If not, then in a couple weeks, I'll test a few more paint colors and plan to repaint our home gym during my Easter vacation.  Fingers crossed that I fall in love with this apple green color or find another color that complements our home's color palette and inspires me to work out.

1 comment:

Ann Boylene said...

Yeah get rid of this ugly green....to be honest white looked much better