Saturday, April 20, 2013

Big Girl Bedroom: Seaside Floral Bedding

For the last 6 months, Savannah's big girl bedroom makeover has been on hiatus while I searched for bedding that would inspire the color palette for her room.

 I was thrilled when I discovered PB Teen's Seaside Floral bedding, which is cheerful, girly, and sophisticated and offers lots of colors that I can build the color scheme around. 

I also like how the duvet is versatile and reversible...with a white background 
on one side and a turquoise background on the other side. 

I anticipate that Savannah will outgrow pink in a few years, so I selected bright colors that could grow with her until middle school.  For the room's color scheme, I'm using turquoise as the primary color, which is why I paired the floral bedding with turquoise dottie sheets and striped shams. For accent colors, I'm using hot pink, pastel pink, light green, and golden yellow that can be changed in the coming years as Savannah's tastes develop.  

I opted to keep the walls ballet pink since Savannah doesn't have an opinion yet on the colors or decor for her room. Plus, the light pink ties in nicely with Savannah's duvet and shams. In a few years, I plan to give Savannah's room a facelift (if she asks for one) that includes new paint and accessories that reflect her maturing style.  

I'm hoping to finish Savannah's big girl bedroom within a couple months!

Here's my to-do list:
  • create a dress-up area with a full-length mirror and a place to hang Savannah's costumes
  • make a picture wall in reading area
  • paint and hang book shelves in reading area
  • make a cozy reading area with a beanbag
  • hang curtains
  • hang artwork above bookcase and dresser
  • install monogram above bed
Click here for Savannah's bedroom reveal, 
as well as links to all of the bedroom makeover posts and sources:


No comments: