Saturday, August 3, 2013

Kitchen: Organized Drawers and Cupboards

A recent ant problem in our kitchen prompted me to disinfect and reorganize 
our drawers and cupboards...which was one of my 2013 goals:

To begin, Tal and I emptied our kitchen drawers and cupboards 
and then took all of the mismatched and rarely-used cups, 
plates, and utensils to Goodwill (seen below)

Then, I lined the shelves with MacBeth's Rugby Chevron Aqua Pop 
shelf liner that I got at HomeGoods for $6:

Now that Tal and I have lived in our house for 2.5 years, we have a better idea
 of how we use each space. And frankly, some spaces weren't working very well. 
For example, all of our cups and glasses were crammed into one small cupboard below:

For that reason, after Tal and I decluttered the cups, 
we moved them to a bigger cupboard:


To maximize the space in our silverware drawer, 
I used an expandable organizer that I bought at Marshall's for $13:

I'm loving the pop of color and extra space in our kitchen cupboards and drawers!
Our kitchen is so much more functional!


No comments: