Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dining Room: Ikat Curtains

Remember the Ikat curtains that I bought on clearance from Ballard Designs last year? 
Well, I finally got around to hanging them in our dining room this week:  

The Ikat print in khaki, white, and blue coordinates 
nicely with the rest of our home:

The curtains add some pattern and interest to our dining room, 
yet keep it neutral enough so we can decorate with various colors when we host parties:  

The curtain panels were 108 inches long, so I cut off 8.5 inches 
and then used Heat 'n Bond to hem the bottom:
 
A big thanks to Tal who graciously volunteered to hang the ORB curtain rod for me:

Tal hung the rod high and wide to make our window appear larger:


It's amazing how curtains make our dining room feel more cozy and cohesive:

Now that this project is done, I can cross it off my 2013 to-do list


No comments: