Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Man Cave: Chipper Storm Twill No-Sew Curtains

Check out the new curtains in Tal's man cave!

For less than $25 per panel, I made four no-sew curtains using 12 yards of 
Chipper Storm Twill fabric, as well as four packages of Heat 'n Bond and curtain clips. 
I even have enough leftover fabric to make a couple pillows for Tal's man cave! 

To begin, I rolled out the fabric on our living room carpet. 
I wanted my finished curtains to be 90 inches long, but I cut the fabric 
at 94 inches to allow for hemming:  

I used my iron to fold down the edges and then put Heat 'n Bond inside 
the folds to hem the the top and both sides of each panel:

I worked my way around the fabric...putting my iron on the edges 
for 3 seconds at a time in order to bond the fabric together 
and create a smooth edge:

Then, I used a pack of curtain clips to hang each panel. 
Thanks to Tal who hung these black curtain rods that 
I bought at JcPenney for $15 each.
What a steal!

While the panels were hanging from the rod, I used Heat 'n Bond 
to hem the bottom of each panel, so they barely touched the floor:

It took less than four hours to make and hang four panels, 
which add some pattern to Tal's man cave and tie in with the 
room's gray, white, and black color sheme: 


No comments: