Saturday, April 19, 2014

Getting Ready for the Baby: Switching Beds and Nursery Ideas

Over the last three years, Tal and I have had two guest rooms. However, today we started transforming one of the guest rooms into the nursery to prepare for the arrival of baby #2.

First, we moved the queen-size bed into the "new" guest room, so guests will have a bigger bed to sleep on when they visit. Aside from some new paint and bedding a few years ago, this room has remained untouched. Someday, we'll get around to decorating the guest room:

Next, Tal and I moved the full-size bed into the larger bedroom, which will be the nursery/big kid bedroom. In a few months, we'll put the crib in this room, too:

Tal and I are excited to find out if we're having a boy or a girl, so we can start painting and decorating the nursery/big kid bedroom. If we're having a boy, then I'm planning to select bedding like this and this and decorate the room in navy, white, gray, and green...like the inspiration photos below:




I'd probably pair the big kid bedding above with the crib sheet and skirt below:



I'm still tossing around ideas for a girl bedroom, but these are my top bedding choices so far:



I'd probably pair the big kid bedding above with the pink crib sheets below from Target:



In the coming months, we'll see how the nursery/big kid bedroom comes together! 

No comments: