Thursday, June 26, 2014

Drainage Pipes

Over the last few years, Tal and I have had a problem with the rain water from our gutters washing away the mulch in our flower beds and causing erosion. To address this problem, last Saturday, Tal and I installed three drainage pipes to redirect the rain water around the exterior of our house: 

1. Next to the garage

2. Outside our home gym

3. Next to our deck

First, Tal attached the drainage pipe to the gutter:

Then, we dug a shallow trench for the pipes...

...and covered them with mulch:

Tal and I spread the remaining mulch in the flower beds in the front of our house:


In case you've been counting (like we have), this is the EIGHTH truckload of mulch that Tal and I have unloaded and spread in 2014. Tal and I joke that we hope we don't see another truckload of mulch for the rest of the year. Ha!






No comments: