Friday, June 20, 2014

Getting Ready for Baby Hadley: Maternity Leave

This week I found a teacher to sub for me while I'm on maternity leave! Unless Hadley arrives early, I plan to start my maternity leave on October 13, 2014 and end on January 30, 2015. My due date is October 15.

I'll be taking 16 weeks of paid leave for my maternity leave. Some of my maternity leave overlaps with Savannah's track-outs in October and January. I'm choosing to take a longer maternity leave, so I can spend some extra time with Savannah and Hadley, as well as save $350 a week in childcare during January 2015 when Savannah is out of school.

Over the next few months, I'll be writing 16 weeks of lesson plans (around 50 lessons total for K-5) for my sub.

It was challenging to find someone who was willing to teach my classes and run the library for 4 months. Now that I have a maternity leave sub lined-up, I can cross this important task off my to-do list and start writing those sub plans!

No comments: