Monday, July 21, 2014

Glucose Test (Part 2)

I survived my 3-hour glucose test today! To prepare for the test, I had no food or water for 12 hours. When I arrived at the doctor's office, I drank a sugary fruit soda, which made Hadley flutter around a lot in my tummy. Thankfully, I didn't get nauseous, faint, or tired from the fast and drink like I expected. To help time pass in the waiting room, I entertained myself by watching the Today Show and reading my HGTV magazine. I had my blood drawn at 8:15, 9:15, 10:15, and 11:15. After the test, I broke my fast and treated myself to lunch at Chick-fil-a!

I will get the test results by the end of the week. If I have gestational diabetes, I hope the glucose test detects it, so Hadley and I can get the proper treatment necessary to ensure a healthy baby and delivery.

No comments: