Thursday, August 14, 2014

31 Weeks!

Today I had my 31-week OB appointment to check the baby's weight and my glucose levels. During my visit, I saw the ultrasound tech, doctor, nurse, and nutritionist. I got a great report and lots of helpful information about me and Hadley.

The ultrasound tech did a thorough anatomy scan. She checked Hadley's organs and body parts, as well as the placenta, umbilical cord, and amniotic fluid. Everything was healthy and normal. Tal and I are so grateful for a healthy baby, and we don't take it for granted.

During the ultrasound, the tech confirmed that Hadley is still a girl...which was great news since Tal and I have already announced Hadley's name and almost finished her nursery. :-) Also, Hadley's head was down and ready for delivery, while her body was in a cramped fetal position because there isn't much room left in my belly. The ultrasound tech also commented that Hadley is growing some hair, so she might have some fuzz when she is born.

Hadley weighed 4lbs. 6oz. and was in the 72nd percentile. The doctor anticipated that Hadley would weigh around 8 lbs. at birth. (Savannah weighed 6 lbs. 12 oz. and was born a week late.)

My temperature, blood pressure, and weight were normal. In fact, I've lost a pound over the last week (bringing my total pregnancy weight gain to 4 lbs.) due to my low carb/high protein diet. However, the nutritionist wasn't concerned about my weight loss; she just encouraged me to eat a healthy snack whenever I am hungry.

Since I found out that I have gestational diabetes, I've been following a low carb/high protein diet, as well as pricking myself and testing my glucose levels four times a day (when I wake up, 1 or 2 hours after breakfast, 1 or 2 hours after lunch, and 1 or 2 hours after dinner) The nutritionist was pleased with my glucose levels and told me to check my glucose levels four times a day for the next three days. If I do a good job maintaining my glucose levels with my diet, then I'll be able to cut back and will only have to test my glucose levels twice a day during the last 8 weeks of my pregnancy.

I'm thankful that I got a great report today, and I'm believing everything will go smoothly at my next OB appointment on August 25. Our family only has about 8 more weeks until Hadley's arrival!

No comments: