Monday, August 4, 2014

Hadley's Nursery/Big Girl Bedroom: Pom-Pom Curtains

Over the weekend, Tal hung the pom-pom curtains 
that I dressed-up for Hadley's nursery/big girl bedroom!

At Ikea, I bought two pairs of white Vivan curtains for $10 per pair:

My inspiration for this project came from Serena and Lilly's French Tassel curtains
...but they were $98 for one 96-inch panel (way out of my budget)!

My knock-off version took about 4.5 hours to complete 
and cost $58 total for 4 panels...less than $15 per panel!

To get started, I washed and ironed Ikea's Vivan curtains.
Then, to add some color and whimsy to the curtains, 
I bought 25 yards of turquoise pom-pom trim for $36 on Etsy:



I selected pom-pom trim that coordinated with 
Hadley's Seaside Floral Bedding from PBteen:


I hot-glued the pom-pom trim to the curtain: 

Finally, since the panels were 98-inches long, 
I used Heat 'n Bond to shorten the curtains by 2 inches, 
so they barely touched the floor:


Voila!
Adding trim to basic white curtains was a simple, inexpensive way 
to tie in the color scheme for Hadley's nursery/big girl bedroom:


Thanks to Tal for hanging the curtains high and wide for me!

Tal and I have saved $1,200 for Hadley's room makeover. Here's a breakdown of our sources and expenses so far:

  $48  Wall Paint and Supplies (Bubble Bath by Olympic)
$182   Juliette Tufted Headboard (Target)
    $0   Seaside Floral Sheets (PBteen--no longer available--already owned)
    $0   Cottage Stripe Duvet Cover in Pool (PBteen--already owned)
  $66   Cottage Stripe Euro Shams in Pool (PBteen)
  $44   Euro Pillows (HomeGoods)
  $64   Duvet Insert (Marshall's)
  $30   Bed Skirt (Bed, Bath, and Beyond)
  $11   Smile Pillow (Tuesday Morning)
$140   Hemnes Nightstands (Ikea)
  $33   Xhilaration Scallop Table Lamps (Target)
  $10   Crib Sheet (Babies R Us)
  $25   Ruffled Crib Skirt (Target)
  $50   Crib Mattress (Target)
  $20   White Vivan Curtains/2 Pairs (Ikea)
  $36   Turquoise Pom-Pom Trim/25 yds. (Etsy)
     $2  Heat 'n Bond (Walmart)
   $12  Curtain Rod (Ikea)
-----
$773   Subtotal





No comments: