Monday, September 8, 2014

34 Weeks!

I'm thankful that I got a good report when I went to the OB today for my 34-week appointment. My weight and blood pressure were normal. My iron levels were still low, so the doctor gave me some free samples of prescription strength iron supplements.

The best part of my visit occurred when the doctor gave Savannah the Doppler and allowed her to find Hadley's heartbeat. Savannah loved rubbing the Doppler on my belly and searching for Hadley's heartbeat (which was normal in the 140's)! My belly measured 35 cm, which is right on track for being 34-35 weeks pregnant.

Due to my gestational diabetes, the doctor said he won't let me go beyond my due date (October 15). On September 22 (when I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant), I'll have a growth ultrasound to check Hadley's weight. Based on Hadley's weight, the doctor will set a date for my induction at 39 or 40 weeks.

I'm looking forward to my ultrasound and OB visit on September 22!

No comments: