Wednesday, January 7, 2015

NC Places Art

Check out the new artwork in our kitchen:

A few days before Christmas, I was at Bed, Bath, and Beyond buying a sled for Savannah for Christmas when the artwork below caught my eye. At first, I saw the words "Morehead City" and then "Salter Path." When I looked closer, I realized that Tal and I had visited all of the NC places on the sign. 

In fact, the artwork is deeply personal to both of us. Tal grew up in Salter Path (and his family still lives there). He spent his childhood along the coast of NC in Morehead, Beaufort, Atlantic Beach, and Indian Beach, as well as Emerald Isle, Cape Lookout, Harkers Island, and Cape Carteret. Not only does the artwork personalize our home, but the teal lettering complements our home's color scheme beautifully!




Bed, Bath, and Beyond has two other art pieces in the NC collection:






No comments: