Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Celebrating Savannah's 6th Birthday!

Savannah turned 6 on February 12! Savannah's birthday was filled with many special moments. At the beginning of the school day, Savannah appeared on the morning news show, where she helped lead students and staff in the Pledge of Allegiance. Then, I ate lunch with Savannah, and we passed out birthday cookies to her classmates in the cafeteria. 

Tal got home at 3 PM, so we could celebrate Savannah's birthday as a family. At Savannah's request, we ate dinner at On the Border, a Mexican restaurant. 



For dessert, Savannah got an ice cream sundae and sopapillas (fried pastries sprinkled with sugar):

After dinner, our family went to Claire's at the mall, where Savannah and Hadley got their ears pierced. For a several months, Savannah had been begging to get her ears pierced on her 6th birthday...and her wish came true!


At Claire's, Savannah picked out the two pink glittery make-up boxes below as her birthday presents. When we got home, Savannah loved opening her birthday presents, including the make-up below, from Grandma Judy. Savannah also received some money from Gran and Grandma Barbara, which Savannah used to buy a dry erase calendar (not pictured):


Happy 6th Birthday, Savannah, and we look forward to your birthday party on Saturday!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was searching for my GF’s blog and came across yours. Started reading and came to your recent post about piercing both your daughter's ears at the same time. They are totally adorable with little earrings. This story reminded of a funny experience when we had Sandi, our 6 year old ears pierced and I didn't have her 6 month old baby sister ears pierced on the same day. You were a smarter mommy then I was since I had to make two trips to get my girls ears pierced.

Our daughter wanted them for her fifth birthday. After my hubby saw her, he wanted to know why I hadn't done our six month daughter too! He really loved them. What happened next surprised me. Dh asked why I hadn't had her 14 month baby sister ears pierced! I didn't know what to say, but then our 6 yr. chimed in saying she wanted her sissy to have matching earrings. I told her she could get them done when she turned six too. To my surprise, she said, "oh mom...don't make her wait like me." I was shocked, out of the mouths of babes? Now my family was ganging up on me!

I took her baby sister the next day and get her ears pierced too. She did great and looked adorable like her oldest sister.

Would love to know how you decided to have both girls done when only the oldest wanted them, but think you were a smart mommy for doing both girls now. There is only one thing sweeter than a little girl with pierced ears, i.e., seeing her baby sister with little pierced earrings! They look so feminine and ingénue.

Admittedly, looking back, I thought doing Sandi's baby sister was too young, but it really was a good idea and wasn't even mine :) I was the only one who needed convincing.


Amyswor1765@gmail.com