Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Parade of Homes

Last Saturday afternoon, the girls and I toured 4 new homes on the Parade of Homes. The Parade of Homes is one of my favorite (and free!) annual events. I love seeing current decorating trends and getting new project ideas. 

All four homes that we visited were furnished models in the same neighborhood. They were around 2,700 square feet and had a list price of around $475,000.

Savannah loved the bunk beds in this bedroom...

...while Hadley enjoyed playing on the couch in the bonus room below:

On this year's Parade of Homes, I took the following inspirational photos of  mud rooms, tile, and stairs to give me and Tal some ideas for upcoming projects.

1. Mud Room: 

Last week, Tal and Uncle Kenny ripped out our kitchen office:

In a couple months, they are going to build a mud room where the kitchen office used to be. Ideally, I would love a mud room like the one below that has bead board, a bench with shoe organizers, and coat hooks.

Like the photo below, I would love to have cabinet doors that keep shoes hidden:

 2. Stairs

In the coming months, Tal and I planning to remove the carpet on our stairs. 
We are thinking about painting the treads black:


For safety reasons, we would add a runner 
like this Blue Heron runner from Dash and Albert:

3. Tile

Tal is going to rip out the tile in our downstairs half bath and laundry room. We are thinking of replacing our outdated tile with a plank or wood tile like the one below: 



No comments: