Sunday, May 22, 2016

Celebration Weekend

Thanks to Tal's mom Barbara for watching Savannah and Hadley yesterday, so Tal and I could have a romantic date to celebrate Mother's Day, our 9th wedding anniversary, and my 40th birthday. It was our first night away from our girls in over a year!

For our date, Tal and I went shopping for a sectional sofa for our living room. We visited 9 furniture stores and sat on around 30 sofas. If everything goes smoothly, we're planning to order the CU2 sectional (shown below) from Bassett in navy microfiber. On Tuesday, an interior designer from the Bassett store is coming to our house to measure our space, help us with sectional planning, and test fabric samples for sofa pillows.


Then, Tal and I visited the HGTV Smart Home 2016 in Raleigh:

We had 5:30 dinner reservations at the Angus Barn, which is an delicious (and expensive) steak restaurant that we only visit on special occasions:

Angus Barn

I ordered the prime rib with a baked potato:

Tal ate the Chateaubriand with rice pilaf:

Tal and I loved eating dinner at a leisurely pace, enjoying some peace and quiet, and having some adult conversation:

For dessert, Tal ate the chocolate chess pie (on the left), while I had the cappuccino cheesecake with Oreo crust:


The Angus Barn gave us a complimentary sour cream pound cake to take home and help us celebrate our 9th anniversary and my 40th birthday:


After dinner, Tal and I spent the night in a local hotel. We loved having the opportunity to reconnect, relax, and catch up on our sleep. Tal and I loved every minute of our celebration date!



No comments: