Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Australia and New Zealand Trip: Part 2 (Traveling)

On Monday, April 10, Tal and I left NC to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary in Australia and New Zealand!

Our original flight on Sunday, April 9 was canceled due to weather in Atlanta, so we left a day later than we planned. On Monday, April 10, my mom and the girls dropped us off at the airport, and we flew 5 hours to San Francisco:

Then, we left San Francisco at 10:45 PM and flew 15 hours (and 7,417 miles) to Sydney, Australia:





There were 100 empty seats on our plane, so Tal and I sat in separate rows to get some extra leg room. Our flight was an overnight flight, so we received dinner, breakfast, and drinks on the plane. Since it was dark outside for nearly the entire flight, Tal and I got 7 hours of sleep on the plane. When we weren't sleeping on the plane, Tal and I were watching free movies on the seats in front of us and listening to music and podcasts on our phones:

More than halfway to Australia! 
Almost 8 hours done...and 7 hours to go!

With the 14-hour time difference, Tal and I lost Tuesday, April 11 while we were traveling. We arrived in Sydney around 7 A.M. on Wednesday, April 12. Unfortunately, Tal and I missed our connecting flight from Sydney to Cairns because of long lines at customs, baggage claim, check-in, and security at the Sydney airport.



While waited for our 3-hour flight to Cairns, Tal and I loved seeing our favorite NC donuts at the Krispy Kreme at the Sydney airport:

No comments: