Sunday, May 28, 2017

Everyday Moments

Life...unedited. 
These random iPhone photos are dark, blurry, and untouched,
but they capture everyday moments from the last couple weeks.

Last week I attended Savannah's student-led conference in her classroom:

Savannah and I worked together to practice some skills, including nonfiction text features and adding 3-digit numbers, that she has been mastering during 4th quarter: 

While our family was in Myrtle Beach last weekend, Savannah and Harper got mermaid dolls as souvenirs from the Pirates Voyage show. I made the mistake of not getting a mermaid for Hadley, so Savannah and Hadley have been fighting over Savannah's mermaid doll:

I solved the problem by ordering this mermaid doll for Hadley from Amazon:

Hadley is happy to have her own mermaid doll...
and keeps saying "mine, mine, mine:"

I know it's hard to see in the photo below...but Hadley got her first two freckles on her nose while we were in the sun in Myrtle Beach last weekend:

Hadley's Finger Painting

Art by Hadley

On May 6, Savannah and Hadley made these flower pots at Home Depot and planted some flowers. Check out how much the girls' flowers have grown over the last 3 weeks. Savannah and Hadley are so excited!

This is our family's first damaged library book. This is what happened when Savannah left her school library book outside in our backyard for a couple days. It got wet and dirty. Savannah had to pay her school librarian (me) $4 from her piggy bank. 

Over the last couple weeks, we've gotten a lot of rain, and weeds took over our flower beds.Yesterday Tal and I spent four hours working in our flower beds in our front yard. I trimmed the bushes, while Tal scraped the weeds with a shovel. 
Before 

Then,Tal cut the grass, while Hadley and I went to the landscape landfill and got a truckload of mulch for $27:

Tal shoveled the mulch out of the truck... 

...while I spread it around the flower beds:


Now our yard looks neat and well-maintained!
After

While Tal and I were working outside, Hadley enjoyed playing with the hose and filling her pink pool and buckets with water:



No comments: