Monday, September 4, 2017

Everyday Moments

Life...unedited. 
These random iPhone photos are dark, blurry, and untouched,
but they capture everyday moments from the last couple weeks.

On September 1, Savannah ran 30 laps in our school's SOAR Fun Run to celebrate the finale of our annual fundraiser. We surpassed our $40,000 goal and raised over $55,000 in donations from family and friends. (No selling candy or wrapping paper door-to-door.) Our PTA organized and ran the fundraiser and Fun Run, so our school will be able to keep nearly 100% of the donations (minus credit card fees). The money will be used for new technology, school improvements, and teacher grants. Our school and PTA are amazing!

Savannah and her friend Caleb

Before the Fun Run


Occasionally, Tal and I hear the name "Hadley." Last week I enjoyed watching an episode of House Hunters, where a family was looking for a house to buy in South Hadley, Massachusetts:

Ironically, earlier in week (before seeing House Hunters), Tal and I had been talking about other towns named Hadley, including Hadley, NY and Hadley, IN:

On Saturday night, the girls and I had a girls night, while Tal watched the NC State football game on TV. We ate dinner at Cici's Pizza and then walked through several stores, including PetSmart and looked at the fish, birds, and guinea pigs:

At church on Sunday, Hadley made a Super Kid cape:

After lunch on Sunday, the girls and I dropped off some donations at Goodwill, checked-out books from the public library, and got Icees from Target:

Hadley dragged her chair into the bathroom and kept me company while I did my hair and got dressed for the day:

Earlier this year, Savannah and I organized and labeled her art supplies, games, crafts, Legos, etc. in our bonus room. Overall, Savannah has done a good job putting items in their place. Over Labor Day weekend, Savannah and I spruced up her area by throwing away trash, dried out markers, broken toys, and puzzles with missing pieces:

Savannah and I also decluttered and organized her bedroom. I've been teaching Savannah how to organize her bedroom by putting items in their correct place (so she can do it on her own someday). I showed her how to throw away trash, put her pencils in the pencil cup on her desk, hang up her bags and costumes on her coat rack, put stuffed animals in a basket, put her books on the top shelf of her bookcase, and put workbooks and notebooks on the second shelf of her bookcase:

This is the cleanest our laundry room has been in 1.5 years. Over Labor Day weekend, I put away the paint sprayer, paint cans and brushes, and grout and tiling supplies that had been cluttering our laundry room for the last 1.5 years. Now that I've cleaned-up this area, I'm determined to keep it clutter-free!

On Labor Day, the girls and I had a play date with our dear friends Amanda and Tyson. We played in the mall play area, ate Chick-fil-a for lunch in the food court, and then walked through several stores:

Tyson (2.5)

Savannah on the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse

Hadley and Tyson having a tea party at PBKids:




After the girls and I got home from our Labor Day play date, Tal and Savannah left for a Daddy-Daughter date. They saw the Emoji Movie at the movie theatre. Savannah thought the movie was hilarious!

No comments: